The Filmfare Awards 2017
SBollywood as the Indian film industry is fondly called, is an integral part of the life of every Indian no matter which part of the world they are. We as a country simply love and adulate our favorite starts, waiting and watching as every film releases. People follow the lives of their favorite movie stars closely, feeding on every bit of news about them be it their fashion, their personal lives or their films. One such much awaited annual event is the Filmfare awards, that is held every year to honor exceptional cinema made in the previous year. This event witnesses leading actors and actresses come up close at an event that is lapped up by audiences with much fervor and excitement. 2017 was no exception to this yearly extravaganza that has actors and actresses dressed in their best, performing live to entertain along with rib tickling humor! And if you missed the grand event held earlier this year, read on to know about a few highlights.
Badshah of Bollywood’s Rocking Entry
Source : youtube.com
Shah Rukh Khan, who is also known as the Badshah of Bollywood made a grand entry living up to his stylish image to thundering applauses of the audiences. The popular star born with the gift of the gab also entertained as he co-anchored the proceedings of the evening along with TV personality Kapil Sharma leaving spectators in splits especially with their Qawwali! The duo was joined briefly by filmmaker Karan Johar on the stage. There were several rib tickling moments like senior actress Rekha’s imitation of her co-star Shatrughan Sinha in her hit film, ‘Khoon Bhari Maang’. Rekha sported her signature look wearing a traditional gold Kanjeevaram and heavy gold jewelry replete with flowers in her hair. You can buy traditional Indian Dresses on Discount if you shop for them online.
Alia Bhatt’s Tribute
Source : femina.in
Alia Bhatt, who created her mark with a few impressive films last year paid a tribute to a few senior actresses by dancing to their popular hit numbers featuring them. The performance was a throwback on yesteryear’s leading ladies that included Sridevi, Madhuri Dixit, Aishwarya Rai, sisters Kareena and Karisma Kapoor. The actress who also bagged the award for Best Actor (Female) for her performance in film ‘Udta Punjab’ impressed viewers with her dancing skills. The promising actress is all set for her upcoming release ‘Badrinath ki Dulhania’ alongside co-star Varun Dhawan who also performed live on stage. She looked resplendent in a spaghetti ball gown by designer Prabal Gurung. You can buy latest Bollywood fashion and Women’s Clothing from several leading online stores.
Salman Khan’s Entertaining Dances
Source : youtube.com
Salman Khan or ‘Sallu’ also regaled fans as he danced to his own hit numbers like ‘Munni badnam hui’, ‘O o jaane jaana’, ‘Selfie le le re’ and the more recent ‘Baby ko bass pasand hai’ from Sultan’ while replicating the original signature steps that made these numbers a huge hit. With favorite superstars like Salman and Shah Rukh on the stage, spectators were definitely in for a visual treat!
Sonakshi Sinha’s Captivating Performance
Source : femina.in
Actress Sonakshi Sinha set the stage on fire with her gyrating moves to a medley. The charming actress not only looked immensely attractive but proved her superior dancing skills in this live performance who came dressed in a unique black gown as she walked down the red carpet. You stay updated with the latest trends in Fashion Apparels for yourself by checking out several online fashion stores.
Jacqueline and Sushant Wowed Audiences
Jacqueline Fernandes and Sushant Singh Rajput, entertained the audiences with an incredible as they danced to a few popular Chartbusters just before the main four awards were announced adding to the excitement and anticipation. Jacqueline wowed onlookers as she walked the red carpet in shimmering creation by Ali Younes.
Few Other Highlights
Source : i2050.in
- Aamir Khan won the award for Best Actor (Male) for the biopic on Mahavir Singh Phogat ‘Dangal’ that also bagged the Best Film award.
- Veteran actor and politician Shatrughan Sinha was bestowed upon the Lifetime Achievement Award for his significant contribution to Hindi cinema in a wide variety of roles spanning several years. The actor’s achievements were extoled by Amitabh Bachchan, who was his contemporary.
- Sonam Kapoor won the Critics Award for Best Actor (Female) for ‘Neerja’, a biopic on slain airhostess Neerja Bhanot who sacrificed her life in a terrorist bid to hijack a plane. Senior actress Shabana Azmi, who attended the do with her husband lyricist Javed Akhtar won the award for Best Actor in Supporting Role (Female) for the same film. The actress also surprised the audiences as she danced with Shah Rukh Khan to the tune of ‘Janam janam’. Sonam Kapoor who is usually amongst the best dressed with her unique style statements, came to the do in a sheer white Elie Saab creation with gold cutwork.
- Shahid Kapoor was honored with the Critics Award for Best Actor (Male) for his performance in ‘Udta Punjab’.
- ‘Chutney’ got the Best Film award in the short film category that also fetched accolades for actress Tisca Chopra who got the Best Actress in the same category.
- ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’ by Karan Johar also bagged four awards in different categories.
- Rishi Kapoor starrer ‘Kapoor & Sons’ came close by taking home three awards. The senior actor was accompanied by wife Neetu Singh who came sporting an Indian look this time.
Filmfare Fashion 2017
Black was definitely the color of the evening as several Bollywood A-listers donned this universal color. Some celebrities dressed in black were Shahid Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha, Kriti Sanon, Sushant Singh Rajput, Siddharth Malhotra, Varun Dhawan, Diana Penty, Sridevi, Anil Kpaoor, Bhumi Pednekar, Pooja Hegde, Sonali Bendre, Vidya Balan to name a few. Parineeti Chopra also caught attention as she came in a bright pink gown by Filipino designer Mark Bumgarner with a large bow. Shilpa Shetty looked gorgeous in a yellow Manish Malhotra creation that accentuated her sculpted body with a thigh high slit and ruffles paired with Oscar De La Renta pumps.
The event that was sponsored by Reliance Jio, had the anchors as well other stars put in a word for the brand that is creating waves in the country with its services. Filmfare awards are almost synonymous to Bollywood. Although several other awards have been constituted to recognize significant movies, nothing can beat the popularity of this award that was in its 62nd year in 2017. With the hope of many more Filmfare Awards to come and fantastic cinema being made, here is cheers to Bollywood, entertainment in true sense of the word.